Protection for tax preparers.
Tax preparer insurance built to safeguard your business.
As a tax preparer, you have a responsibility to your clients to submit and prepare their tax returns on time and correctly. Failure to properly file and submit your clients’ tax returns correctly could cost you your business.
This claims-made comprehensive insurance policy provides:
- Protection against honest mistakes.
- Protection against errors or omissions in your work.
- Interest payments and penalties to federal, state, and local governments.
- Legal defense costs (attorney’s fees, court costs) up to the policy limit.
- Coverage for both your full-time and part-time employees, even if they only work seasonally.
- Covers not only you but your clients as well.
- For an additional premium, bookkeeping is covered.
- Bookkeeping coverage:
– If it is 1% to 10% of your business, multiply your premium by 1.15.
– If it is 11% to 25% of your business, multiply your premium by 1.25.
– If it is 26% to 75% of your business, multiply your premium by 1.33.
– If it is over 75%, you do not qualify for this policy.
- Retroactive coverage:
– One year is included free.
– Second year add $125, $250, $375, $500 depending on your coverage level.
– Tax preparer liability insurance sample policy.
This policy renews annually. You may order the policy in your company’s name to cover one or more employees. There is a $250 deductible per claim and no more than $500 annually regardless of the number of claims.
Available Policies and Rates
Call 877-376-8676 (877-ERMUNRO) to speak with an agent.
Tax Preparer Liability Insurance Application
Please download the tax preparer liability insurance application and return your completed application to [email protected]. Five or more years of experience as a private investigator or law enforcement are required.
You can visit our insurance application page for additional policy applications.
No coverage can be put into place until the signed and completed application is accepted by the insurance company. Some coverages and coverage limits may not be available based on the insurance company’s review of individual applications.
Tax Preparer Insurance Information Request
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
It only takes a minute to get started.
- Fill out the form, we’ll be in touch.
- Review options with an agent.
- Get the coverage you need.