Protection for signing agents.
Signing agent liability insurance built to safeguard your business.
Should an experienced signing agent like you be covered by signing agent liability insurance? Absolutely. Signing agent liability insurance is designed to fill the gaps not covered by traditional notary errors and omissions (E&O) insurance.
Signing Agent Liability Insurance
Notary errors and omissions (E&O) liability insurance only covers the notarizing you do in a signing. It does not cover your signing agent duties, such as reviewing the documents with the borrower, calculating rescission dates, and returning the date-sensitive loan package.
Lawsuits against signing agents are becoming more common. Even if you are innocent, you could still face significant legal expenses for defending yourself in a lawsuit—and the company that hired you is under no obligation to help you.
As an independent signing agent, you have unlimited personal liability for losses caused by your errors during the signing.
Signing agent liability insurance provides coverage for:
- Innocent errors or omissions related to signing agent notarial acts.
- Incorrectly dating the right of rescission.
- Missed initials or non-notarized signatures.
- Unauthorized changes to documents.
- Negligence of the signing agent to complete the documents in a timely manner.
- Slow return of date-sensitive documents.
To qualify for signing agent liability insurance:
- You must have taken signing agent training and earned certification.
- You hold membership in a professional association.
- You keep a register or journal.
Signing Agent Liability Insurance Application
Please download the signing agent liability insurance application from our insurance application page below.
Policies are available in all 50 states. Policy premiums start at $450.00 for $500,000 limits. Higher limits of $750,000 and $1,000,000 are available for additional premiums. All rates are subject to change.
Our E&O policies may include the following coverages:
- Defense of Regulatory Claims
- Professional Reputation Restoration Expense
- Pro-Bono Services Liability
- Pre-Claim Assistance Expenses
- Privacy Breach
- Malicious Code Liability
- Unauthorized Access Liability
Available Policies and Rates
For more information on signing agent liability insurance, please contact us at 877-376-8676 (877-ERMUNRO) to speak with an insurance agent.
Signing Agent Liability Insurance Information Request
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
It only takes a minute to get started.
- Fill out the form, we’ll be in touch.
- Review options with an agent.
- Get the coverage you need.