Skip to main content

If you own an extensive gun collection, consider extra insurance coverage

Your child invites a few friends to your home and later you discover that your .40 caliber semiautomatic handgun is missing.  Of course you should report the theft and contact the parents of the children who visited.

Your homeowners insurance will likely cover the loss. Most standard policies cover theft of firearms for up to $1,500.

If you own an extensive collection of guns, consider purchasing extra coverage.

E. R. Munro and Company can answer any of your insurance policy questions. Give us a call at 877-376-8676 or visit our Web site at